Sunday 26 August 2012

Further tank assembly

My first deviation from the assembly instructions : I did not glue the "drive sprockets" (the right-most "wheels" shown below - the ones with teeth, to guide the tracks). I intend to leave them separate until I start assembly of the tracks. Since there's so many ways to glue the wheels in the wrong angle, I will start assembly of the tracks and put these wheels in at the last possible moment to make sure they are correctly aligned.


Some parts are so delicate, even the most careful attempt to remove them from the frame end up breaking or at least gently warping them. I was able to repair all and used tweezers and careful application of glue for assembly (I use liquid cement with a needle-applier).
I ended up cross-eyed after the assembly of the basket that sits at the rear of the turret.



No comments:

Post a Comment